All that is necessary to leverage Akamai’s managed services for powering rich media, dynamic transactions, and enterprise applications online
Through Luna Control Center, the tech support teams will be at your disposal for the integration of solutions, service management and monitoring - and can be reached at any time.
Akamai’s Standard Support Package provides customers with all that is necessary to leverage Akamai’s managed services for powering rich media, dynamic transactions, and enterprise applications online. Delivered to all Akamai customers, the Standard Support Package gives you on-call access to pooled technical experts along with market- leading provisioning, reporting, management, and diagnostic tools via the Luna Control Center.
Should you need more in-depth assistance or training from our team of experts, you can sign up for additional service packages any time.
BENEFITS TO YOUR BUSINESS
- Efficient additions/changes with self-service provisioning and management tools
- Control of your online business through the Luna Control Center
- Insight into your operations with exceptional online reporting
- Increased availability and response to issues with the most reliable services in the industry
- Self-sufficiency with our online troubleshooting and diagnostic tools
- 24x7x365 technical support when you need it
What you get with Akamai Standard Support
Pooled Technical Support Team
Designed to be customer-centric, our technical support process ensures you always have access to a knowledgeable consultant who can solve any problem. Leveraging state-of-the-art support technologies, our consultants address your Support needs efficiently and quickly. Pre-sales and implementation consultants are engaged as needed to configure services that meet your business and technical requirements. For subsequent changes and additions to your Akamai services, you can engage resources by contacting your sales account executive.
Self-Service Configuration Tools
With the most extensive set of self-service tools in the industry, Akamai empowers you to provision many of its service features. The result? You improve your time to market and proficiency in managing this powerful extension to your infrastructure.
Pooled Account Management Team
At all times, you have access to an on-call team providing best-of-class support. The team is composed of a globally distributed staff with significant professional experience and advanced degrees. Designed to be customer-centric, our business support process ensures you get directed to the right point of contact who can solve any problem. Leveraging state-of-the-art support technologies, our consultants address your business needs efficiently and quickly.
Luna Control Center, Email and Phone Support Requests
You can request technical support assistance in three ways:
- You can request technical support assistance in three ways:
- Luna Control Center : https://control.akamai.com
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: +1. 877.4.AKATEC or +1 617.444.4699
- Email: email@example.com
- Support for critical P1 service issues must be requested by phone in order to ensure a timely response.
- Business Hours are, by geography, as follows, Monday through Friday, excluding local holidays:
- North America (GMT -05:00) 9:00 AM to 9:00 PM ET
- Europe (CET) 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM
- Asia-India (GMT +05:30) 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM
- Asia-Japan/Singapore (GMT +08:00) 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM
Technical Support Priority Definitions
- P1 – Critical Impact: Akamai system or major application is down or seriously impacted and there is no reasonable workaround currently available.
- P2 – Major Impact: Akamai system or application is partially or moderately impacted, or a single incidence of failure is reported. There is no workaround or the workaround is cumbersome to implement.
- P3 – Low Impact: Routine maintenance, configuration change requests, questions about your account or contract, help managing your services online, information requests, and general feedback.
Fifteen Support Requests Per Year
You are granted up to fifteen (15) support requests per year. While the Akamai Intelligent PlatformTM is proven to be very reliable, you have unlimited access to technical support for any Akamai-related issues that impact the performance or availability of Akamai services.
Online Troubleshooting/Diagnostic Tools
Akamai’s Luna Control Center includes extensive troubleshooting guides and diagnostic tools.
Online Management, Control, and Reporting
Through the Luna Control Center, you can access a variety of service management tools. With these tools, you’ll gain visibility into and control over what is now your extended infrastructure. You can confirm successful delivery of content, view traffic patterns and geographic dispersions, and monitor/ troubleshoot your origin infrastructure. A unique real-time alert capability informs you when defined thresholds have been crossed, indicating that performance and user experience have degraded.
On-Demand Training Modules
By taking advantage of the training modules available through the Luna Control Center, you can learn to utilize the reports and tools referenced in this brochure. Each module includes in-depth information and software simulations, including a basic overview of Akamai, technical how-to, troubleshooting, and administration.