an experienced technician at your disposal
Named Enhanced Support is a solution that personalizes their needs in technical support. You’ll have at your disposal an experienced technician, aware of the needs of your company, as well as a team capable of answering to a limitless number of support requests - at any moment.
Named Enhanced Support is the next level of award-winning Akamai Support, built to assist customers running mission - critical sites, applications and events on the Akamai network. It offers fast response SLAs, a designated Named Support Engineer and access to a pooled team of technical support experts who help you get the maximum out of your Support engagement. Your Named Support Engineer analyzes your Support usage and gives forward looking recommendations designed to mitigate the volume and severity of support cases, while also extending fast and skilled response if a problem does arise.
BENEFITS TO YOUR BUSINESS
- High availability and business continuity
- Access to seasoned technical experts familiar with your online setup
- Faster, prioritized 24x7x365 access to Akamai Support
- Continuous proactive engagement from Akamai Support for periodic reviews & best practice recommendations
- Self sufficiency, empowerment through Akamai University and Luna Control Center
Akamai proactively helps you achieve high levels of availability through a comprehensive support experience available with Named Enhanced Support.
- A designated Named Support Engineer. A highly skilled Akamai expert responsible for delivering both preventive and reactive Support for your web properties during business hours.
- Preventive Support. Periodic review discussions by your Named Support Engineer to inform, educate and recommend best practices based on your support usage. Your technical issues receive preferential attention and rapid escalation at Akamai.
- Quicker resolution. Through preferential case handling and status updates delivered by your extended team at Akamai that understands your setup.
- Faster response times. Up to 300% faster than Akamai Standard Support.
- Increased self-serviceability & empowerment. Through 2 free Akamai University seats.
Named Enhanced Support is comprised of the following high value service deliverables.
- Preventive Support: Continuous Proactive Engagement; Monthly Touch Point Call; Quarterly Support Review Call; Preferential Case Handling & Status Updates; Portal Alert Management
- Reactive Support: Unlimited Support Requests; Fast Response SLAs
- Customer Training: Akamai University Classroom Trainning; Support tools and diagnostics trainning
Named Support Engineer
Named Enhanced Support provides you with a designated technical support expert who is your extended team member at Akamai responsible for ensuring a comprehensive Support experience.
Named Support Engineer for your account is identified to ensure the best possible alignment of their specialized skills with your Akamai product setup.
They deliver both preventive and reactive Support for your web properties during business hours. You are entitled to periodic engagement sessions with your Named Support Engineer to analyze your Support usage and make sure you have fewer and less critical Support cases.
In case of a Support incident and technical break fix issue, your expert works towards prompt resolution since they are already aware of your technology setup and your overall business. A 24x7 global pooled Support team also assists the Named Support Engineer for reactive Support.
Your Named Support Engineer will lead the fulfillment and delivery of Akamai Named Enhanced Support.
- Account is serviced by a designated expert familiar with your online set-up.
- Fast response times and prioritized ticket handling with periodic case status updates
- Includes two complimentary Akamai University classes per year, worth $4000
- Periodic business and value reviews related to your Akamai services
Continuous Proactive Engagement
The Named Support Engineer analyzes open issues and engages with the extended team for case resolution/ escalation. You are better prepared for major events with the proactive tickets we initiate, containing all relevant information to facilitate faster response from Akamai Support when required.
Monthly Touch Point Call
Your Named Support Engineer schedules a monthly touch point call where case history, ongoing/unresolved case statuses, root cause analyses and proactive health checks for upcoming events are discussed, along with gathering your feedback.
Quarterly Support Review Call
The Named Support Engineer proactively engages with you through a quarterly review call that provides you with a personalized and analytical view of your Akamai Support utilization through value confirmation report that comprises of case trend analysis, updates on impact of proactive cases and recommendations.
Preferential Case Handling & Status Updates
To keep you informed about the progress and time to resolution of your P1 cases, you are entitled to proactive case status updates until the case is closed.
Portal Alert Management
Your Named Support Engineer helps you configure, setup and modify real-time alerts available through the Luna Control Center. Designed to improve your ability to understand and manage the Akamai extension to your infrastructure, these alerts are delivered via e-mail. Alerts can be tailored to inform system managers of critical conditions like:
- Edge bandwidth usage (drops or bursts in traffic)
- Origin-related failures
- Incomplete or aborted downloads
- Stream associated alerts
TECHNICAL SUPPORT PRIORITY DEFINITIONS
- P1 – Critical Impact: Akamai system or major application is down or seriously impacted and there is no reasonable workaround currently available.
- P2 – High Impact: Akamai system or application is partially or moderately impacted, or a single incidence of failure is reported. There is no workaround or the workaround is cumbersome to implement.
- P3 – Low Impact: Routine maintenance, configuration change requests, questions about your account or contract, help managing your services online, information requests, and general feedback.
Unlimited Support Requests
With Akamai Named Enhanced Support you are granted unlimited support requests. You have access to technical support for any Akamai-related issues that impact the performance or availability of Akamai services.
Fast Response SLAs
Your Named Support Engineer assisted by an extended Support team will deliver fast response SLAs during business hours. Beyond business hours, during weekends and holidays, a global “follow-the-sun” pooled Support team will be available. You can reach these knowledgeable consultants by a dedicated toll-free telephone number to ensure technical issues are attended to efficiently and quickly.
Your calls and cases are routed through a prioritized support queue to ensure you receive accelerated response times.
- Business Hours are, by geography, as follows, Monday through Friday, excluding local holidays:
- • North America (GMT -05:00): 9:00 AM to 9:00 PM ET
- • Europe (CET): 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM
- • Asia-India (GMT +05:30): 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM
- • Asia-Japan/Singapore (GMT +08:00): 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM
Two Seats in Akamai University Classroom Training
With Named Enhanced Support you get two seats per year for Akamai University Classroom training, at no extra cost. This 2-day instructor-led course provides hands-on training designed to help you extract maximum value from your Akamai investment. web developers, IT managers and those responsible for web operations should attend these courses to increase their knowledge of the Akamai platform and learn how to use it most effectively.
- For example, participants can learn to:
- • Create and deploy configurations for Akamai’s Web Performance Solutions, Media Delivery Solutions and Cloud Security Solutions.
- • Troubleshoot web and streaming issues using Akamai’s Luna Control Center
- • Optimize site and application off load, scalability and performance
Support tools and diagnostic training
Akamai’s Luna Control Center includes extensive troubleshooting guides and diagnostic tools. Your Named Support Engineer will provide bi-annual training on using this powerful tool set.