Security solutions aren’t one size fits all, so it is important to choose a partner that has the breadth of solutions and experience to meet your particular requirements. To help with this process, determine if the following are important to you and ask your cloud security service provider questions such as:
- Do you offer managed services to provided 24/7 expert support, such as helping to steer us through web application firewall (WAF) optimization, attack management and reporting before and after a cyber-attack, and ongoing defense preparation such as regular reviews and an attack playbook for managing communication during an attack?;
- Do you have the flexibility and scale to protect what I have, whether it is two critical sites or a whole data center or an upgraded DNS infrastructure?
- How do you plan for the future? Do you have the capacity to defend against the biggest attacks?
- To what extent do you prioritize reducing false positives and false negatives?
- Will you prioritize keeping my site up when under attack? Do you ever Null Route traffic in order to protect other customers that use the same pipe?
The State of the Internet site provides cloud security resources to help enterprises understand, identify and mitigate cyber-attacks:
- Threat advisories;
- White papers;
- Trends and statistics;
- Blogs: Current cybersecurity issues;
- Global map of DDoS attacks;
- How to choose a web application firewall (WAF);
- Cybersecurity FAQs and best practices.
1Gartner “Magic Quadrant for Web Application Firewalls” by Jeremy D’Hoinne, Adam Hils, Greg Young, Joseph Feiman, June 17, 2014