Access control is an important part of managing visitor access
Access control is an important part of managing visitor access to your website or application. In today’s hyperconnected world, having control over who can, or can’t, access your web properties is critical to protecting your organization’s content and information. It’s important to ensure your resources remain available for your intended audience and are not hindered by unwanted traffic that could be driving up your costs. Often times these access control policy changes need to be made quickly and frequently creating a challenge to your web operations staff.
- Easy access control for your website or application
- Deny unwanted traffic
- Allow only known specific visitors or traffic
- Identify requests based on a variety of match rules including IP address, geography, query string, URL path, cookie and request header
- Make changes to the policy rules very quickly
- Self-serviceable with an easy to use policy manager and included API
- Provide access profiles to additional users within your organization to configure the Cloudlet functionality without giving them full access to your configuration in Property Manager
- This Cloudlet is best suited for non-regulatory or non-compliance use cases
- Allowing only known IP addresses to access a pre-production web property for maintenance, QA testing or other various business purposes
- Quickly deny page access based on Referrer header or if Auth header doesn’t contain an acceptable value
- Deny IP addresses that post unwanted comments or other undesirable behaviors
- During critical business events, denying traffic from low-priority geographies to free up capacity for your intended audience
- Deny requests from a geographic region that has a high probability of illegitimate traffic and a low priority to your business
Request Control Cloudlet
quickly allow or deny access to web applications
With the Request Control Cloudlet you can quickly allow or deny access to web applications from the Edge of the Akamai Intelligent PlatformTM with easy-to-manage whitelist and blacklists based on a number of match rules including IP address, geographic location, query string, URL path, or request header associated with the inbound request. You can easily activate the Cloudlet policies in seconds by using the dedicated user interface. With the Request Control Cloudlet you’ll save time and money, while gaining control over who can access your digital properties.
For website or application owners who have a need to allow or deny particular users access to content, the Request Control Cloudlet provides a tool to easily manage visitor access lists that help customers simplify their content permissions and provide flexibility to make quicky, frequent changes.
Unlike a DIY approach or a solution implemented at your data center, the Request Control Cloudlet doesn’t require custom development, is quick to provision, and takes advantage of the performance and scale of the Akamai Intelligent Platform.