measure online video quality and audience behavior
The internet gives you a chance to measure an unprecedentes quantity of variables in what comes to the viewing of multimedia content on your platform. With the Media Analytics tools we make available to you - Quality of Service Monitor, Viewer Diagnostics, Media Analytics e Download Analytics - you can get to know the behavior of your users, formulate new strategies and make decisions with more clarity.
Akamai’s Viewer Diagnostics is a vital part of Gaiam TV’s service, giving us the ability to offer quick and accurate customer support with immediate access to important details of a subscriber’s viewing experience.
— Jason Riley, Director, Web Development, Gaiam TV
BENEFITS TO YOUR BUSINESS
- Increase audience engagement by tracking online viewer usage, behavior, and viewing quality, while optimizing content
- Take steps to grow your audience with cloud media strategies informed by accurate data tailored to business goals
- Track audience experience on my device through online video analytics compatible with multiple players
- Gain and share insight into online video distribution channel performance with analytics and reports
- Troubleshoot playback issues down to the individual level with deep diagnostics and online video viewer history, while also comparing playback experience to others that played the same video content
- Stay on top of application and software download duration, completion rates, and other download metrics affecting your business, helping you optimize the user experience
Online audiences expect instant access to premium online video content and an uninterrupted viewing experience on any device, no matter where they are.
Understanding your audience’s online viewing experience from a quality and engagement perspective helps you keep an active pulse on the health of your business. Companies that are not measuring quality viewing experiences and software downloads are likely lacking the insight needed to engage, retain and grow their audience. With so much competitive content and so many distractions online can you afford a decline in online viewership or download impacting revenue?
What is Media Analytics
Media Analytics helps businesses monitor and stay on top of crucial metrics that directly affect the success of their business; helping them make timely decisions to manage and optimize content, monetize it, and make sure viewers are interested engaged, and increasing in numbers. Media Analytics is a comprehensive video analytics SaaS solution that is designed to provide actionable and relevant reports relevant to the context of your business. It is fully integrated with Akamai’s media delivery solutions and many online video player providers offering high quality online video experiences.
Media Analytics is made up of four modules: Quality of Service (QoS) to monitor video performance, Viewer Diagnostics for deeper analysis of individual quality viewing experiences, Audience Analytics to stay on top of trends and audience behavior as they engage with video content, and Download Analytics offering insight into the performance of online software downloads. Using these modules, businesses can set thresholds and uncover key sensitivities to focus on elements like performance quality or usage behavior affecting success of online video experience viewers now demand for both live and on-demand digital media, as well as download engagement and completion rates.
- Quality of Service Monitor provides real-time visibility into the quality of video playback. Errors, Start Up Time, Rebuffering, Bitrates Delivered and more, captured and visible at all times, help with troubleshooting, as they report the true online video viewer experience.
- Viewer Diagnostics tracks the video playback experience at the individual viewer level and keeps a 60-day history, enabling you to troubleshoot problems for individual online viewers. It provides details on the connection, activity, and quality of video playback for each visit and play so customer care representatives can quickly assess problems and make informed decisions.
- Audience Analytics provides a comprehensive overview of factors influencing your business. Business Summary and Quality of Service (QoS) dashboards highlight key trends in online audience behavior and let you drill down to understand how online video content, packaging, and quality are impacting your business.
- Download Analytics is a highly flexible, customizable solution that is designed to provide software companies with meaningful insight into the performance of online software downloads in the language and context of their business. Fully integrated with Akamai Download Delivery, Download Analytics is both easy and cost effective to adopt.
Track more than 50 default metrics across online video audience engagement (viewers, visits, play duration), quality (bitrate, dropped frames, connection speed), and viewer-level diagnostics (visit/play history, connection/quality summary) and more. You can also track other video metrics specific to your business.
Access standard dashboards including business summary, QoS overviews and more, view them via chart or tabular report, and build custom web video reports and dashboards with easy drag-and-drop functionality.
Reports can be downloaded and shared in many formats, as well as scheduled for regular notification.
Media Platform Support
Media Analytics supports a wide range of player environments (iOS apps, HTML5, Android® and more); online media formats and platforms (Adobe® Flash, iOS, Silverlight® and more); and online video content types (live events, VOD, and 24/7 live streams).
APIs: REST APIs are now available for all modules