employees, partners and customers have an ever-growing need to be able to access applications anywhere, anytime
Internet protocols have begun showing signs of aging, as they were not designed for the current amount of connections and data carried. With IP Application Accelerator you can cover this infrastructure with a peerless response time. Processes like email or VoIP calls will benefit from itineraries optimized for specific connections - ensuring stability, security and performance.
IP Application Accelerator (IPA) enables enterprises to deliver IP applications to globally distributed users quickly, securely and reliably - without the expense of building out and supporting dedicated IT infrastructure. Built on the Akamai Intelligent PlatformTM, IPA supports web applications such as real-time interactive web conferencing and virtualized applications and desktops (VDI), in addition to supporting hosting and SaaS providers in the delivery of remote desktop management, hosted email, archiving and other applications.
Almost immediately after deploying IP Application Accelerator, we saw call center usage drop 90 percent because the information that our customers needed was immediately available. Akamai really does solve the latency and availability problems associated with delivering applications.
— Tim Rochford, Chief Technology Officer, Phase Forward
BENEFITS TO YOUR BUSINESS
- Improve application performance by optimizing routes, minimizing trips and reducing packet loss
- Ensure 100% global availability SLA by scaling automatically to address peak online traffic and detecting/avoiding security threats
- Extend your application acceleration platform globally with no additional IT build out
- Protect content and users — all Internet traffic is encapsulated to maintain integrity, you can block specific IP addresses/regions and all Akamai servers are in secure data centers
- Gain visibility and agility by monitoring and controlling web traffic and through tools, alerts and reports
IP Application Accelerator
enables enterprises to deliver IP applications to globally distributed users quickly, securely and reliably
Your employees, partners and customers have an ever-growing need to be able to access critical IP-enabled applications anywhere, anytime – and from a wide range of end user devices. These include mobile applications, applications accessed over SSL VPN connections, real-time interactive web conferencing solutions, virtualized applications and desktops (VDI), secure large-file transfers, or remote desktop management solutions. While these applications provide your end users with key business capabilities, poor performance or spotty availability of these applications can lead to decreased end user productivity, low adoption rates and higher IT support costs. These applications must perform quickly, securely and reliably every time in order for you to realize the full benefits of the applications you have deployed to run your business and support your customers, employees and partners.
What is IP Application Accelerator
IP Application Accelerator (IPA) enables enterprises to deliver IP applications to globally distributed users quickly, securely and reliably – without the expense of building out and supporting dedicated IT infrastructure. It is a managed service that delivers high application availability and consistent online response times worldwide. IPA also supports hosting and SaaS providers in their delivery of remote desktop management, hosted email, archiving, and other cloud-based IP applications. Built on the Akamai Intelligent Platform™, the IPA service leverages technologies that improve delivery of TCP/IP applications by overcoming the real-time latency, packet loss, and transport inefficiencies of the public Internet.
How it Works
IP Application Accelerator (IPA) service runs on the Akamai Intelligent Platform™, where Akamai software controls the Platform and monitors Internet conditions constantly, in real-time. Akamai applies several techniques – dynamic web server mapping, session route optimization, packet redundancy algorithms, and protocol (TCP) optimization – to improve IP application performance.
- SureRoute™ web optimization technology identifies the optimal path (fastest and most reliable) over the Internet for your end-user to reach the origin network infrastructure
- Akamai’s high-performance transport protocol reduces the number of round trips required while increasing end-to-end throughput
- Packet loss reduction techniques can improve IP application performance further, particularly in times of peak demand and congestion
Visibility & Control Features
- IPA provides tools to monitor and control Internet traffic, IP applications, and site content
- Manage IP application and site content faults, web configuration and performance through Akamai’s Luna Control Center or your preferred network management solution
- Akamai’s dynamic IP translation manages both IPv4 and IPv6 traffic automatically