The integration of Arturai’s solutions is a key moment for them to match their potential.
The integration of Arturai’s solutions is key for them to match their potential. In order to assist your company at this stage, we have two solutions at your disposal: Standard Integration, a quick installation for every product on the Content Delivery Network; and Managed Integration, for a step-by-step assistance, personalized according to the needs of your company.
Akamai’s Professional Services integration specialists follow the Standard Services Methodology – a proven and repeatable process – for an easy-to-follow method of integrating Akamai’s solutions and features with the customer’s IT infrastructure. The Standard Services Methodology typically consists of the following three steps:
As part of the Standard Services Methodology, Akamai provides the following deliverables:
Luna Control Center walk-through
A complete walk-through of integration tools and resources on the Luna Control Center and recommendations for the Akamai solution features and parameters based on best practices.
Review of the implemented solution to ensure it meets the original success criteria and guidance for post-integration Akamai support.
Post-implementation, Akamai Professional Services provides ongoing consulting and configuration management as a paid service. Please contact your Akamai account representative to discuss the various service packages available.
Roles And Responsibilities
Akamai Integration Specialist
- Activate customers’ accounts in the Akamai systems to enable content or application delivery from the Akamai Intelligent Platform.
- Educate customers about their Akamai solutions, implementation process, requirements, and resources
- Provide implementation material, such as user and implementation documentation, training resources, and access to configuration
This section outlines the roles and responsibilities of the Akamai Professional Services integration specialist as well as the customer’s Project Manager and Technical Lead.
Customer Project Manager
- Review and track the implementation steps.
- Facilitate and escalate requirements within customer’s organization.
- Communicate with their Akamai specialist regarding any obstacles.
- Update Akamai on completion of implementation steps.
Customer Technical Lead
- Be familiar with DNS, Caching and HTTP technologies.
- Identify solution requirements and parameters, and communicate them to Akamai.
- Activate the Akamai solution configuration in the Luna Control Center, including content or application delivery, log delivery, and reporting.
- Perform necessary changes to the origin content or application configuration to prepare them for Akamai delivery.
- Migration of content to Akamai NetStorage if necessary.
- Perform complete testing of the Akamai solution before its activation on the Akamai Intelligent Platform.
- Integrate Akamai solution management into existing content or application management processes and systems.
The following features of the Luna Control Center can be leveraged for successfully implementing an Akamai solution:
- Manage Origin Domains: Add or delete origin domain names; maintain control of the domains from which content is being served.
- Service Configuration: Create and manage edge configurations for site and application delivery.
- Streaming Provisioning: Provision entry points and ports for live streams.
- Log Delivery Management: Configure Log Delivery options, including start/stop dates, delivery method, log format, and frequency of delivery.
- Content Management: Content control utility lets you effectively delete your unwanted content from all of Akamai’s servers, keeping content continually fresh and up-to-date.
Reporting and Monitoring
- Traffic, Visitor, URL Reports: Luna Control Center provides real-time and historical insight into various attributes of traffic, Visitors or URLs for Akamai services.
- Usage Reports: Gain insight into the amount of traffic and storage consumed month-to-date.
- Filter Data: Use the dynamic URL search ability to filter and focus on specific content instantaneously.
- Performance monitoring: Obtain a real-time view of your web performance on Akamai versus the origin infrastructure.
- Traffic Activity Alerts: High or low traffic activity alerts to test for flash crowds, network outage, or origin server problem.
- Origin Server Alerts: Alerts on origin server issues with connections, DNS requests, downloads, or access.
- Failover: Alerts when the failover threshold is reached for e-Business continuity site.
- Application Errors: Alerts set to inform of high percentage of Java web application exceptions or restarts.
- Streaming Traffic: Alert on streaming traffic volume or number of concurrent streams reaching high or low threshold.
- Incident and Upgrade Notification: Proactive notification of Akamai network upgrades or the status on current incidents.
Troubleshooting and Support
- Service Specific Tools: Tools that allow you to troubleshoot on the Akamai network. Get domain information, conduct network connectivity tests, make content requests from a specific Akamai edge server, or view logs in real-time to help solve content delivery issues.
- Customer Care: View or open trouble tickets with Akamai’s Customer Care and track break-fix technical issues. Note that Customer Care agents are available to troubleshoot issues with existing configurations, not ones that are in process of being integrated.
- Training: View on-demand training demos to further broaden your understanding of Luna Control Center capabilities.
Need More Help?
The Standard Integration option is appropriate for customers who: Understand their content/application setup.
- Know how their Akamai solution will be used, configured and managed.
- Have sufficient technical knowledge and resources to manage the implementation with Akamai assistance.