everyone connected to the web-enabled enterprise expects instant, secure, reliable access
Keeping applications on the cloud has immediate advantages, such as reducing expenses on hardware, software or code alterations. With Web Application Accelerator (WAA) you can support your IT team in the serving of this data. WAA optimizes transferences of business applications, guaranteeing complete accessibility and avoiding a drastic productivity decline due to trafffic congestion.
For managing various applications in the cloud, learn more about our Alta solution.
Web Application Accelerator (WAA) is a cloud-based service designed to enable enterprises to cost-effectively deliver fast, reliable and secure web-based applications. It optimizes web performance and ensures availability in order to drive web application adoption and productivity – without the need for hardware, software or code changes. For organizations that need even greater levels of web application performance, support a large mobile audience or have multiple data centers, Akamai also offers an advanced cloud-based Application Delivery Platform.
Using Web Application Accelerator we extended our application across Akamai’s EdgePlatform to bring content close to requesting end users, and the results were impressive.
— Duong Tran, Project Manager, Ascend Worldwide.
BENEFITS TO YOUR BUSINESS
- Improve response times for dynamic web applications by up to 5X
- Ensure applications are available and high performing by eliminating Internet bottlenecks in delivery
- Deliver consistent worldwide performance through the Akamai Intelligent Platform™
- Reduce capital expenses and operating costs by leveraging Akamai’s managed service
- Realize ROI payback in approximately two months (average)
- Innovate faster in a secure environment
Web Application Accelerator
Enterprises invest heavily in developing web-based applications that move processes like supply chain management, customer support, sales orders, and extranets online. And everyone connected to the web-enabled enterprise – workers, partners and customers – expects instant, secure, reliable access to those web applications, increasingly through mobile devices.
But centrally located applications don’t always perform consistently, and when they’re slow or unreliable users become frustrated or avoid using them altogether. Infrastructure build-outs require additional capital expenditure and rarely solve the problem, pushing ROI even further out of reach. To realize the increased productivity, lower costs and revenue boost that web applications promise, enterprises must conquer the performance issues that threaten the online experience.
What is Web Application Accelerator
Cloud-based service that enables enterprises to deliver web-based applications that are fast, reliable, and secure, in a cost-effective manner
Web Application Accelerator (WAA) is a cloud-based service that enables enterprises to deliver web-based applications that are fast, reliable, and secure, in a cost-effective manner. WAA empowers enterprises to overcome the challenges related to delivering business applications over the Internet by placing all of the application delivery capabilities within the Akamai Intelligent Platform™, which means the web optimizations are distributed globally and located very close to users and data centers anywhere in the world. WAA delivers the performance and availability that drive web application adoption and productivity – and requires no hardware, software, or application code changes.
How it Works
Akamai ensures consistent, predictable web application performance on a global scale, even under the most challenging Internet conditions.
- Akamai’s dynamic web server mapping system directs user requests for secure web application content to an optimal Akamai server.
- Route optimization technology identifies the fastest and most reliable path back to the origin infrastructure to retrieve dynamic application content.
- A high-performance transport protocol optimizes communications between the Akamai server and the origin site transparently, improving web application performance and reliability.
- The Akamai server retrieves the requested web application content and returns it to the user over secure optimized connections.
Help IT Initiatives Succeed, Gain Business Insight
Whether you’re delivering extranet portals, Product Lifecycle Management, Sales Force Automation, eCommerce, Social Media applications, or any custom web-based application or enterprise software products such as SAP®, Oracle® or Microsoft SharePoint®, WAA can support your business and IT initiatives.
- Infrastructure Consolidation
- Data Center Optimization
- Business Continuity/Disaster Recovery
- Service Oriented Architecture
- Cloud Computing
- Software as a Service
With Akamai’s fast, accurate, and secure reporting tools you can also measure performance and better understand the usage of your web-based applications.
Through the Luna Control Center portal, you can:
- Confirm successful web application delivery
- Gain insight into your user base by identifying unique visitors and their geography, OS and browser
- Identify hot pages via top URL by visitor volume
- Troubleshoot and understand traffic hit distribution
- Monitor performance gained by using the optimized Akamai ‘paths’ vs default Internet paths
- View real-time and historical traffic and origin offload patterns
- Monitor performance-based service level agreements by customer