Reduce downtime and business risk
The most grievous of DDoS attacks are launched via applications. Making use of Akamai’s Security Operations Center, it’s possible to detect application-based attacks in progress, offering a quick and efficient answer.
Some of the biggest brands in the world, many of which are targeted for attack on a regular basis, trust Akamai’s Web Security solutions to protect their online presence.
Organizations increasingly interact with customers, employees, and partners through a myriad of web and IP-based applications.
Disruptions to these applications can have a serious impact on the bottom line, making them attractive targets for attackers. Whether planning for the inevitable or actively mitigating an attack, organizations need fast, simple, and effective protection from the broadest range of DDoS attacks in order to defend their online presence, maintain employee productivity, and safeguard their infrastructure.
What's Application-Based Monitoring
Prolexic Application-Based Monitoring provides early detection and notification of application-layer DDoS attacks by monitoring web traffic entering the data center. With Prolexic Application-Based Monitoring, organizations can rely on Akamai’s 24x7 Security Operations Center (SOC) to detect anomalies, perform impact analyses, and proactively notify your staff of a potential DDoS attack.
How it Works
Prolexic Application-Based Monitoring employs customer-premises equipment (CPE) to passively monitor web traffic entering the data center. It correlates millions of data points per second across 25 unique dimensions, helping Akamai SOC staff gain immediate insight into the conversation taking place between the client and server at the application level. With this insight, SOC staff can identify and analyze malicious Layer 7 traffic easier and faster than before to proactively notify your staff of a potential DDoS attack.
- Application-layer DDoS detection: Early detection and notification ofapplication-layer DDoS attacks, including GET/POST floods and low-andslow attacks like Slowloris
- Non-intrusive monitoring: Passive analysis of data from a network tapor switch SPAN port does not interrupt or slow down web traffic
- In-depth analytic approach: Prolexic Application-Based Monitoringcan correlate data across multiple sensors using historical data togenerate alerts in 15 seconds. Correlation model detailed down to URLsand individual transactions, including over 20 HTTP headers
- SSL traffic analysis: An optional add-on FIPS-140-2 Level 2 HardwareSecurity Module (HSM) provides the ability to decrypt SSL trafficon premise to identify malicious IP addresses generating encrypted Layer7 attacks
- 24x7 Security Operations Center: Akamai continuously monitors yournetwork traffic, analyze anomalies, and alert you of DDoS attacks fromour 24x7 SOC
- Service-Level Agreement (SLA): Guarantees notification of applicationlayer DDoS attacks within 15 minutes from when an alert goes critical