Organizations of all sizes in all industries are migrating applications to the cloud
The advantages of running applications on the cloud explain their recent popularity. However, the distance at which they are stored in relation to your datacenter, can sometimes curtail a fast and accessible management. Via the platform for cloud applications management - Alta - you can benefit from more agile protocols for the applications you run.
These get channeled through Alta which, making use of the extensive Akamai platform, optimize the ideal itinerary by the network - ensuring reliability, availability, performance and security.
Alta is a cloud-based application delivery platform designed to enable enterprises to deliver their web-based applications in a fast, reliable, secure and cost-effective way to any user on any device, anywhere. Alta empowers enterprises to overcome the challenges related to delivering their applications over the Internet by placing all of the application delivery capabilities within the globally distributed Akamai Intelligent Platform(TM). Akamai's unique cloud-based architecture also means that web applications can be seamlessly migrated across data centers or clouds at will, and the application delivery optimizations will automatically move with the application.
As our application grew richer, it became harder for us to deliver content directly to our end-users from our own data centers. We had to find a partner that had the global footprint to help us ensure good performance and security internationally… The solution set Akamai brings to the table is second to none in the marketplace.
— Drew Garner, Director of Services Architecture, Concur
BENEFITS TO YOUR BUSINESS
- Deliver a 100% global performance improvement SLA over origin and a 100% global availability SLA
- Drive down IT costs by leveraging Akamai Intelligent Platform™ instead of investing in/supporting network infrastructure and legacy hardware-based application delivery solutions
- Reduce complexity with a single delivery solution for all applications; no hardware or virtual appliances need to be installed in your environment
- Increase user productivity on any device through real-time, dynamic application optimization for mobile devices
- Be cloud ready instantly — overcome centralized DNS acceleration challenges, leverage load balancing across data centers, deploy/provision new online apps easily and mitigate risk by architecting a layer of intelligence in front of the Cloud data center
- Gain insight and agility through constant origin health reporting via a new Internet traffic report portal
Organizations of all sizes in all industries are migrating applications to the cloud at a rapid pace to be more agile, reduce cost and complexity, and improve the productivity of their workforces. Everyone connected to those organizations expects instant, secure, reliable access to web applications, and online workspaces that are as easy to use as consumer marketplaces – increasingly from mobile devices.
The rapid adoption of cloud-based applications puts new burdens on the public Internet, highlighting its key weaknesses in application performance, reliability, and security. Organizations focusing on optimizing their application delivery IT infrastructures inside the data center don’t begin to address the key challenges, which lie outside of those walls. Establishing private networks between the data center and end-users is an option, but it is expensive, and ineffective if users are globally dispersed.
Akamai Alta is a cloud-based application delivery platform that enables enterprises to deliver all of their web-based applications in a fast, reliable, secure, and cost-effective way to any user, on any device, anywhere in the world.
Utilized as a service, Alta empowers enterprises to overcome the challenges related to delivering their applications over the Internet by placing all of the application delivery capabilities within the Akamai Intelligent Platform™, which means the web application delivery optimizations are distributed globally and located close to users and data centers, wherever they are. Akamai’s unique cloud-based network architecture also enables web applications to be migrated seamlessly across data centers or clouds, with application delivery optimizations moving automatically with the application.
- Akamai Sure Route — A dynamic Internet mapping protocol analyzes all prospective routes between your cloud data center and end-users and intelligent routing selects the best route
- Enhanced Akamai Protocol — Increases efficiency at the TCP layer when fixed-line networks are congested and reduces the number of round trips users must take to access requested application data
- Akamai Instant — Speeds page load times with technology that retrieves the next pages most likely to be requested, based on origin analytics, before the web user even requests them
- Dynamic Page Caching — Granular, intelligent web page caching of historically hard-to-cache dynamic and personalized content
- Front End Optimization (FEO) — Identifies the device users are accessing the web application on, rewriting HTML and modifying images, JS, CSS and other page objects to make application web pages download and render faster for that particular device
- Real User Monitoring — Collects actual response time data for individual users accessing your applications by inserting a beacon onto web pages as Akamai delivers them
Cloud Balancing — Balances traffic between multiple network data centers and provides real-time failover in the event of downtime, while maintaining session ‘stickiness’ and balancing individual sessions
Origin Health Reporting — Provides insight on origin response times, alerting you when it drops below a threshold
- Akamai Intelligent Platform™ — Provides offload capability for all of your applications to the Akamai Intelligent Platform™. Regardless of where your web applications are hosted or end-users are located, you can optimize web application delivery every time.
- InstantConfig — Uses Akamai portal activation to deploy and provision multiple web applications quickly, with a standard configuration, and scales to support your entire portfolio
- Cloud Monitor — Provides real-time visibility into the performance and activity of complex cloud applications typically not visible, giving you actionable data and insight to scale business strategically
- IPv6 Adaptation — Dynamically delivers to users on IPv6 even if your infrastructure has not been upgraded from IPv4
- eDNS — Directs end users to your web applications dependably, without ever exposing your DNS servers directly to end users and online security threats. It leverages multiple technologies to provide a highly secure, scalable, fault-tolerant solution.
Akamai Alta can also be combined with Akamai’s web Security Solutions to protect against increasing web security threats like SQL injections, cross-site scripts, and DDoS attacks that can compromise sensitive network data and the online experience.