A 100% of availability on your Web related business
As more and more business processes move to the Web, it's increasingly critical that enterprises provide always-available Web operations — no matter what the conditions may be at the site of the origin infrastructure, or on the public Internet.
Hardware failures, software failures, attacks, natural disasters, misconfigurations, and even planned maintenance, create downtime that brings e-business to a temporary halt. And downtime for any reason can lead to frustrated users, damaged brand, or even the loss of critical information and revenue.
Akamai e-Business Continuity is an e-business solution that provides Internet-enabled enterprises with 100% availability of their most critical Web operations, solving the problem of online business continuity by distributing applications over a global network.
With this approach, organizations can ensure that their critical business processes are never interrupted.
Benefits to Businesses:
- Reduces costs by providing on-demand access to computing resources only when necessary
- Ensures 100% uptime and uninterrupted Web operations by responding to conditions that cause downtime in seconds — not hours or days
- Provides ubiquitous access to Internet-based applications via a globally distributed computing platform
- Streamlines application updates by leveraging the storage capabilities of the Akamai EdgePlatform
- Provides insight and control over your global enterprise with easy-to-use management tools
Your business continuity
However, these solutions have disadvantages such as:
|As the Internet becomes one of the most important means of communication between enterprises their customers and commercial partners, the unavailability of a Website cannot be allowed.|
Some problems as unsuccessful marketing campaigns or even a downtime period can degrade the image of your company and consequently lost of income.
To solve these problems, companies have been looking for solutions since the recover from a "cold site" situation till a high availability through a complex IT infrastructure.
- the first one (cold site) keeps the users away for a long period of time
- the second one (IT infrastructure upgrade) has prohibitive costs.
The e-Business Continuity solves these problems giving a 100% uptime, covering 80% of the common marketing solutions on the market with reasonable costs, around 20% of the common solutions.
In most cases, the resulting functionality by using the e-Business Continuity solution is enough to eliminate additional costs to keep your business continuity or to recover from serious situations.
In other situations the solution can be combined in a complementary way as another alternative.
For example, a company can use the e-Business Continuity solution to prevent an "Instant Failover" of critical functionalities (normally 80% of the normal functionality) in the case of unavailability.
But it can also be used to recover from a total failover of the website guaranteeing the availability for the end users even after a certain period of time (usually 2 - 3 days). Thus, we can have 100% uptime with lower costs when comparing with alternative solutions.